I had been sending donations to Ensemble Ptashitsa in Russia for many years. After each of their Youtube livestreams, I would send 20 dollars or so. I always received an email of gratitude from Ivan, the leader of the group. When the Russia Ukraine event started, I got my Paypal account locked and my bank account was locked as well. I was able to get my bank accounts back, but to this day cannot link Paypal to my bank account. I could no longer send donations. Ivan released a statement about not getting deceived by stories in newspapers on Ukraine and Russia, used to divide us. It was a brave statement inferring media fakery. There were ALWAYS many Ukrainians in the livestream chats of Ptashitsa. These illusions of borders and countries could not be clearer. A year after my donations stopped due to this "war", I received a Ptashitsa calendar in the mail from Ivan, signed by the group. He said thanks for ...
as a father of about to be 21 yr old son in college, i can attest to this dilema. they don’t know how to recipricate the conversation. they can answer a direct question, sorta, but no momentum is built towards furthering the interaction. that and every goddamm younger human on earth has a bluetooth speaker in their ears at all times. good luck to em.
ReplyDeletebrian
Thanks for sharing your experience, Brian. I rarely interact with others and when I do, it is with my age or older. I still am able to banter and joke with them. I don't blame the young people. It is this civilization that has imposed its nonhuman agenda on them. I was in a car shop a few days ago, they wanted me to scan a QR code. I told them that I don't have a SMARTphone. They couldn't believe it. They asked how I survive without one. I am grateful for the long visits with my relatives when I was young, sitting in a circle, listening to the adults tell stories. The civilization doesn't allow for that now. Thanks for your contribution, Brian. Best regards, db
Deletevery similar. i am able to banter, but actually enjoy it more with a complete stranger on the street. it’s the people i actually know that i struggle interacting with! the ladys idea in the video of practicing with ai is not good. i don’t blame them either btw.
Deletebrian
Totally agree with you on all points, Brian. best, db
Delete