Subjective Reality....Colour My World
One of the things that I know for certain is that I do not know how others experience this place. I argue that no one knows how anyone is experiencing this place at any point in time. Moreover, even our younger self experienced a different reality than our present self.
Factors to be considered in confirming one's own subjective reality include
1. Age
I could never experience the world now as I did when I was younger. My life experience has given me a different lens through which I interact with this place.
2. Painful experiences
Our main goal in life is to avoid pain, then to seek pleasure. If I had a terrifying experience with a dog as a child, it colors my experience of meeting a dog today. My reality is different.
3. Sex
A male and a female will NEVER experience this place similarly, especially in early years. A male is interested in copulating with as many females as possible. The female is interested in extracting the maximal amount of resources possible from the male. All relationships are transactional. I maintain that the most straightforward male female relationship is prostitution.
4. Height
As someone who is tall, I will never experience the same reality as someone who is short. Think of a child with their faces at knee level. I am a giant in their world. Imagine coming face to face with a dog whose face is at your face level.
5. Memories
No one experiences the same reality, even brothers and sisters. Each of us has a different set of memories and experiences that color our experiencing the reality.
6. Accuracy of the individual body in decoding the environment. Calibrating the transducer. Some can sense things that others cannot. All of our senses are calibrated differently.
7. Health/Disease As our body degenerates, our sight, hearing and mentation degrade. Thus experiencing a less sharp, foggier decoding of the realm.
8. Pleasant experiences
Similar to the painful experiences, our past pleasant experiences colour our world.

Comments
Post a Comment