Sunday morning...watching the hummingbird wars.


Now that the temperatures have dropped into the low to mid 80's , the realm is livable once again.  After I got back from the flea market, I made myself a cappucino and sat on my swing.  The hummingbird wars were in full swing. There were at least 3-4 different ones fending off their territory.  Divebombing one after another.






I populate my back deck with 10-12 firecracker plants which are like crack to hummingbirds.

It is amazing how aggressive and territorial these small creatures are.

Comments

  1. do they fight to death???
    this place is all about devouring one another. jeesh.
    also did your ac unit come on time?
    i didnt wanna beat u when your down but i thought there’s no way your getting that thing the day amazon promises-especially when you really need it! i’d bet on a day and a half late. yes?
    brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian. Not sure on your hummingbird question. I did find one dead a few years back in one of my planters. Yes, thank goodness, the A/C is in and functional. Oddly enough, I have only needed it for one day as the temperatures dropped by about 15 degrees. It did come on time. Thanks for your concern. best always, db

      Delete
  2. Hey db, it’s crazy, so I’m sitting g here at the car wash and some reason I was thinking about googling fire cracker plants. Instead your website popped up. I can’t believe this was your last post! This place is something else.
    Anyways, I’m so happy the weather cooled down!
    Hope all is well! Best wishes,
    Florida flamingo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Светлана Кошелева – Два берега, на шоу Андрея Малахова

History Hacking on steroids

Happy Birthday to Me.