Meeting Count Basie ...back in the 1970's

My Dad loved jazz.  One of the first concerts he took me to was Count Basie and his Orchestra.  Before the concert, my Dad took me to the stage door.  He had me get all the band members to autograph my program.  Count Basie came to greet us, wearing a white wife beater T-shirt.  Butch Miles on drums was incredible. The whole band was so nice to me. Count Basie's understated style is still of great appeal to me. 

 One of my wonderful early memories. Thanks to my Dad's interest in jazz, I was fortunate to have seen and met Benny Goodman and Dizzy Gillespie as well. 










 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who writes the music? The BOX.

Miami Bayside Marketplace Alien Sighting?

Beyonce and Sasha Fierce...a case study in demonic possession