Thank you....of course.



I don't go out much, but when I do,  I notice changes.  One ubiquitous change that I have noticed especially from young people is "of course."

In the past, one would say "thank you" and be told "you're welcome" or "my pleasure".  Now the vast majority say "of course."  

I am fascinated by how these verbal viruses are injected and transmitted.  My guess is that it is through movies or television as I do not engage with those. 

Comments

  1. DB- In the South somehow we still have please and thank you with a lot of people. The social graces are fading away though. When I am out and about it is shocking / so different from when I was younger that people don't really look at each other and say hello.

    Heat Dome" is another new language magic term being pushed. LC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LC...never heard of "heat dome" Appreciate your comment. best, db

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Светлана Кошелева – Два берега, на шоу Андрея Малахова

Lab-grown chocolate is coming to shelves in 2027 : Oreo, Cadbury and Toblerone

Happy Birthday to Me.