Chapel of Dreams, the Dubs, and a 1953 Seeburg oracle.

I have had several truly magical moments in my life.  The following story is one of those.

It has been about 10 years since I bought my 1953 Seeburg Jukebox in a remarkable Craigslist post, which in itself is another magical story.   I had it fully restored by a wonderful juke box repairman that COINCIDENTALLY was within a day's driving distance from me.  So he did several housecalls.  This model is known for its presence on the Happy Days TV show. 





The jukebox is an interesting metaphor for life in many ways.  I do not have the labels corresponding with the songs, so when you choose a letter and a number, you don't know what song will play.   I have done this purposely to engage the magic of the choice and what that choice brings.  Within the jukebox are a limited number of records, but you have a choice as to what letter and number you choose.

There is always this sense of awe that comes, when the unexpected song begins.


 I am also of the belief that "inanimate" objects take on resonance and spirit from those who have engaged with them.  

https://dirtybennywrites.blogspot.com/2023/11/the-nature-of-things-secret-life-of.html

I like old things as they have a history.  With musical instruments especially, the emotional imprinting, the celebrations played at, and the channeling can be very intense.  I approach them with reverence and respect.




Now comes the really magical part of the story. When I bought the Seeburg, it was filled with random 45 rpm records.  I never checked to see what records were there.  I used to pull them out 10 at a time or so and read them like fortune cookies, looking for meaning in what records were there  and how they related to my life. 

One of my favorite songs, especially lyrically, was the Dubs' Chapel of Dreams.  Dreams are my playground and this song has always resonated so so strongly with me.


Lyrics
In the chapel of dreamsEvery dream will come trueIn the chapel of dreamsThere's a dream there for you
Through the dark of the nightThough as strange as it seemsEvery heart finds delightIn the chapel of dreams(Chapel of dreams)
Oh, was until I foundThis chapel of reknownI've searched and searchedFor peace of mind
I'm glad that at lastMy empty days have passedNow I worship at the shrine
It is heaven to knowJust what happiness meansIt is found at the doorIn the chapel of dreams

As I subsequently pulled the remaining 45's out of the jukebox...  

THE VERY LAST RECORD that was in that jukebox was

CHAPEL OF DREAMS by the DUBS

That record will never leave that jukebox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who writes the music? The BOX.

Miami Bayside Marketplace Alien Sighting?

Beyonce and Sasha Fierce...a case study in demonic possession