Polish songs by Renata Bogdańska Irena Anders (1920 - 2010)

 









Comments

  1. You seem to enjoy those old polish songs way more than most polish people, including me :D.
    But on a more serious note, I think it takes some proper skill to sing in polish and to do it well, even for natives.
    Strange thing is that many polish artists/singers claim that it is easier to sing and play with the lyrics in english than it is in polish.
    It might sound too conspiratorial (and I might be biased), but I think the fact that the english language is pushed almost everywhere in the world has to do with the fact that it's a more dumbed down language compared to some other ones, including my native language, and it's maybe easier to make people less smart and program them more with that.
    Sorry if it sounds too crazy, just a theory I had some while ago.
    Cheers,
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so funny, Luke....I love old folk songs including Poland, Italy, Russia, Portugal, Brazil, Lithuania, etc. I often find that the older the music, the greater is the chance that I will like it. Some of my ancestors were from Northeast Poland and Lithuania, so perhaps it is in my blood.

    I agree with you about the English language, it is a weapon used against manKIND. I must collect my thoughts on that and put together a post. I studied German, Latin, Vietnamese and there are far more nuances in these languages than in English. In addition, they have gender assigned to nouns.

    As always, thank you for sharing your knowledge, insights, and experiences. Best always, db

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who writes the music? The BOX.

Miami Bayside Marketplace Alien Sighting?

Beyonce and Sasha Fierce...a case study in demonic possession