Another personal digital reset.



This is one of the busiest times of year for me.  The harvests are coming in.  They must be canned, roasted, frozen, fermented, etc in order to preserve them for the coming year.

I have previously written about my last "personal digital reset".

https://dirtybennywrites.blogspot.com/2024/01/encroachment.html

Well, it is 8 months later and another digital reset for me.  Yesterday, I was locked out of my Google account.  It would not just accept my username, password, and email verification.  It required me to receive a text and enter the 6 digit code.  

I do not own a smart phone.  I had one many years ago and have been without one for 15 years.  I keep a flip phone turned OFF in my car in case of auto emergency.  I have never sent or received a text message.  I spent the better part of my day yesterday, with the phone company updating the phone and showing me how to receive a text message.  Finally by late afternoon yesterday, I was able to recover my Google account.  

I don't believe any of the reasons they give for disabling your account.  I think these are "personal digital resets"..it reconfirms your digital information regardless of how much of a nuisance it is. 

I wake up this morning and get an email message that my Discover card account has been hacked.  So, today, I was on the phone with Discover to get replacement card.

Do I think this is happenstance or coincidence?  I do not.  

Just another personal digital reset.

Comments

  1. Who has a "Discover" card? Dirty Benny, I thank "You." And "you!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who writes the music? The BOX.

Miami Bayside Marketplace Alien Sighting?

Beyonce and Sasha Fierce...a case study in demonic possession