The conundrum of religion versus family traditions...Blessing of the Baskets

Today is Holy Saturday in the Catholic tradition.  I rejected religion when I was a teenager.  I just did not believe it.  I tried explaining this to my parents and grandparents...unsuccessfully.  I have tremendous respect and appreciation for family traditions.  One of those traditions was taking the basket of food to church on Holy Saturday to have the PRIEST splash HOLY water on it.  An odd ritual looking back on it now.  I was told  that uneaten blessed food must be burned.  
I spent one of my Easters in Krakow Poland and stopped many people to photograph their beautiful baskets.   This is the insidious nature of religion and holidays.  They parasitize good will, emotions, and family attachments to insinuate themselves into your life.  They then manipulate you into delusion via illusion. 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who writes the music? The BOX.

Miami Bayside Marketplace Alien Sighting?

Beyonce and Sasha Fierce...a case study in demonic possession